Frequently Asked Questions
Will my contribution get me a copy of the Project V13 game if it is released?
No. This campaign isn't meant to fund the final PV13 video game.
So what DO I get?
"What's in it for me?" It's a fair question. Your contribution at $10 and up will get you access to news, special updates, and content from the new Black Isle Studios - PV13 forums. At $20 and over, you will achieve special insider status and you will be able to participate in a restricted area of the forum to interact directly with the BIS game designers - make suggestions, discuss our progress, ask us what we had for lunch...
You will receive a certificate of appreciation documenting your efforts to prevent the End of Time. You will also receive a special Black Isle Mayan Apocalypse Replacement (BIMAR) virtual backer badge for display in your forum profile and in game if we successfully launch. The certificate and BIMAR backer badge will be tied to your level of contribution and will demonstrate to others the level of your ongoing support. The top 20 contributors will each receive a unique BIMAR badge reflecting their outstanding commitment to saving the world.
We may hold other promotions in the future that offer forum or in-game badges as rewards, but this will be your ONLY chance to earn the BIMAR badge to show that you supported this project from the beginning. So act now!
When will the new Black Isle Studios forums open?
Assuming we get the support necessary to Save the World, we should have the forums up and running in about 30 days (approximately the end of January). Shortly before then, we will make a further announcement and send email notifications inviting contributors to register. NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE CHARGED NOW, AT THE TIME YOU MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION, NOT AT THE TIME THE FORUM OPENS.
Sounds great, but what will you do with my money?
We have been working hard behind the scenes to resume operations as Black Isle Studios. Since we are no longer constrained by licensing issues, we have the opportunity to build a new IP from the ground up and there is a lot more latitude to unleash our creativity, try some new ideas and even incorporate your suggestions. Our goal at this stage is threefold: 1) prove to management that you want Black Isle Studios resurrected - and all the history and tradition of excellence that goes with it; 2) to continue to staff up BIS and complete our PV13 game design; and 3) to develop a tech demo/ proof of concept for our design that will open the doors to additional funding.
LEGAL TERMS AND NOTICES
Through its BlackIsle.com web site, Interplay Entertainment Corp. is raising funds for a bulletin board discussion forum and prototype for its post-apocalyptic adventure game with a working title Project V13 (the Game). You may contribute to this goal if You register, select a pledge level, and pay the amount indicated by the pledge slider in accordance with the following agreement between Interplay and/or its subsidiary, PV13-Online, Inc. (collectively, "Interplay") and You, the Contributor:
- You must register as a User at the time You select and pay for a pledge. Once You select a pledge level, Your payment will be collected through Invested.In, an independent third-party payment provider. By using this provider You agree to its terms and conditions applicable to that payment. Invested.In does not provide any confidential payment data to Interplay and Interplay is not responsible for Invested.In's performance. Any separate charges or obligations that You incur when dealing with the third party payment provider are Your responsibility. Interplay reserves the right to change its payment provider at any time, without notice.
- Your pledge payment will be a deposit and may be held or transferred to Interplay's wholly owned subsidiary, PV13-Online, Inc. Your payment will be used to develop and produce the Game, including the website cost; content development for the Game, website, and forum; development of a prototype, proof of concept, and/or tech demo; and Interplay's corporate expenses associated with the foregoing (the Game Costs). In exchange and depending upon Your pledge level selected, You will receive access to the private BlackIsle.com/Project V13 discussion forum, as outlined on the pledge page.
- If the BlackIsle.com/Project V13 forum is launched, then the deposit shall be earned by Interplay and shall become non-refundable to the extent that Interplay uses it to pay Game Costs. Contributorís deposits shall be applied pro-rata in a percentage equal to the total Game Cost in relation to the total Contributor deposits.
- Interplay will use its good faith business efforts to launch the forum on or before the estimated date. However, You acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a promise by Interplay and that unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, You agree that any unearned portion of the deposit shall not be refundable until and unless Interplay has not launched the forum within 6 months after the estimated delivery date. If the BlackIsle.com/Project V13 forum is not launched within 6 months of January 30, 2013, then the unearned portion of Your pledge (i.e., that portion not spent on Game Costs) will be promptly refunded, less processing costs and third party fees.
- For purposes of clarity and the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of Interplay's good faith efforts to develop, produce, and launch the forum with the funds raised, You agree that any deposit amounts applied against the Game Cost as described above shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not Interplay is able to launch the forum, complete the prototype, or complete and deliver the Game. In the unlikely event that Interplay cannot deliver the forum or prototype, Interplay will post an audited cost accounting on its website to fully explain the use of the deposits for the Game Cost. In consideration of these and other promises by Interplay hereunder and herein, You agree to irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost in accordance with the above.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH INTERPLAY, OR ITS LICENSORS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS ( COLLECTIVELY "AFFILIATES"), IS TO CLAIM A REFUND IF AND WHEN DUE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN NO CASE SHALL INTERPLAY OR ITS AFFILIATES' LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID TO INTERPLAY. IN NO CASE SHALL INTERPLAY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ITS WEBSITES OR SERVICES AND OR YOUR PLEDGE HEREUNDER. TO THE EXTENT THAT SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, YOU AGREE THAT INTERPLAY AND ITS AFFILIATES' LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT: Statements contained in this release except for historical information about Interplay Entertainment Corp. (the "Company") bespeak caution and are forward-looking statements that are based on current expectations and involve risks and uncertainties. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, words such as "may," "will," "expect," "believe," "anticipate," "intend," "could," "estimate," or "continue" or the negative or other variations thereof or comparable terminology are intended to identify forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties inherent in such statements may cause actual future events or results to differ materially and adversely from those described in the forward-looking statements. Specifically, there can be no assurance that the Company will complete a financing transaction, or any other strategic transaction on favorable terms or at all. Additional important factors that may cause a difference between projected and actual results for the Company have been or may be discussed in the Company's public announcements from time to time or previous filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to the Company's previous annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly filings on Form 10-Q and prior reports on Form 8-K.
The Company disclaims any obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by it or on its behalf.